Taking care of your skin is the first step to not only looking younger, but is an important part of any treatment plan here at Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England. We are proud to offer chemical peels in an effort to help patients in Portland and the nearby areas of Maine achieve healthy skin.
What Are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are customized facial treatments that are designed to improve a wide range of skin concerns that include texture, tone, skin discoloration, fine lines, and wrinkles. Chemical peels use a precise chemical blend to carefully exfoliate the outermost layer of skin, revealing the healthy, radiant skin underneath. These treatments are highly customizable, so they are suitable for patients of all skin types and ages.
How Much Do Chemical Peels Cost?
The cost of your chemical peel treatment at Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England will depend on a number of factors. During your free consultation, we will discuss your treatment goals to determine the approach to your chemical peel treatment that will work best for you.
Some patients may need multiple treatment sessions. We will consider these and other factors in order to provide you with the full cost of your treatment during your consultation. To make this and other services more affordable, we are proud to offer financing through CareCredit®.
What Chemical Peel Treatments Are Available?
At Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England, we offer the following chemical face peel treatments:
- Micropeel – This “peel-less peel” is the perfect glowing skin fix before a big event. This peel involves dermaplaning to remove dead skin cells and peach fuzz, following by the ZO Skin Health Stimulator Peel.
- Vitalize Peel by SkinMedica® – This peel is a great chemical peel for acne scars, and is suitable for mild to moderate skin imperfections. It can also help with anti-aging, melasma, and sun damage. The Vitalize Peel smooths the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and texture that are typically caused by acne scarring and pigment changes.
- Rejuvenize Peel by SkinMedica® – The Rejuvenize Peel is ideal for moderate to severe skin imperfections. This peel smooths the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and roughness.
- ZO 3-Step Peel – This peel utilizes a blend of exfoliants, retinol and multi-action agents to help improve skin health and treat many signs of aging.
- Jessner Peel – A medium depth peel comprimised of a combination of acids used for treatment of active acne, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation and fine lines.
- TCA Peel – This is a versitile peel stimualtes collagen production and is used to treat acne scars, hyperpigmentation, melasma, fine lines and sun damage.
Am I A Good Candidate for a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels are versatile treatments that can be customized to suit any skin type and nearly any cosmetic concern. If you are interested in a chemical peel treatment, the best way to determine your candidacy is by scheduling a consultation. During your consultation, we can help you determine if a chemical peel is the best treatment option for you.
Is There Any Downtime After a Chemical Peel?
After a chemical peel, depending on the strength of the chemical peel treatment, you can expect mild redness and tenderness for a few days. Then, the skin will begin to flake and peel off, similar to a sunburn.
During these phases, it is important to protect the skin from excessive sun exposure and other irritants, as the skin will be highly sensitive. Despite these minor restraints, patients are able to resume most normal activities following their treatment.
When Will I See Results from My Chemical Treatment?
The results from your chemical peel treatment will become visible after the skin has healed, typically a week or two after treatment. Some patients may need multiple chemical peel treatments to achieve their desired results, which can then be maintained with regular chemical peel treatment sessions.
Would you like to find out which chemical peel treatment is right for you? Contact us today to schedule your consultation at Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England. We are proud to serve the men and women of Portland, Maine, and the neighboring areas of New England.