Acne affects up to 80% of teens and about 10% of adults. Whether it’s an occasional pimple or a daily struggle with breakouts, the battle against acne can seem never ending—until you start treatment at Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England. We welcome patients from Portland and the neighboring cities of Maine.
What Are Acne Treatments?
Acne treatments are any treatment solutions designed to treat or manage the symptoms of acne. Acne treatments are different for every patient, largely due to the many causes of acne, which include:
- Irregular shedding of dead skin cells, causing irritation and blockage of hair follicles.
- Overproduction of oil (sebum), causing irritation of hair follicles.
- Buildup of normally recurring bacteria on the skin.
Whatever the cause of acne may be, the symptoms are equally frustrating. When acne becomes severe, it can even cause scarring and other long-term skin damage. Fortunately, Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England offer a range of acne scar treatment and acne treatments. These treatments include:
How Much Do Acne Treatments Cost?
Your acne treatment cost at Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England will depend on a number of factors. During your free consultation, we will discuss your treatment goals to determine the approach to your acne treatment that will work best for you.
Some patients may need multiple treatment sessions. We will consider these and other factors in order to provide you with the full cost of your treatment during your consultation. To make this and other services more affordable, we are proud to offer financing through CareCredit®.
Am I A Good Candidate for Acne Treatment?
If you are looking for severe acne treatment, cystic acne treatment, acne spot treatment or any other kind of acne treatment, you are likely a good candidate for acne treatment at Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England. During you complimentary consultation, our staff can assess your skin to determine if acne treatment is right for you, and which treatment will most benefit you.
How is Acne Treated?
Acne will be treated based on the severity of the condition. The severity of acne can be broken down into three categories:
- Mild: This acne is the result of a bacterial infection that is close to the surface of the skin. This results in whiteheads and/or blackheads.
- Moderate: Moderate acne is the result of bacterial infection deeper in the pore. This results in papules or pustules, more commonly known as pimples or zits.
- Severe: Severe acne occurs when the infection is very deep in the pore and results in nodules and cysts. Nodules are hard, painful bumps under the skins surface and left untreated, they can flare up repeatedly. Cysts are similar to nodules, but they are generally larger lesions filled with pus and, just like nodules, can be painful and cause scarring.
The treatment for each acne type will vary by patient, so the best way to determine what your treatment will be like is to schedule a consultation at our practice.
Is There Any Downtime After Acne Treatments?
The downtime after your acne treatment will depend on the type of treatment received. While some of these treatments may cause minor side effects, patients are often able to resume their normal activities immediately following their acne treatment appointment. During your consultation, we’ll let you know exactly what to expect after your acne treatment.
When Will I See Results from My Acne Treatment?
The results from acne treatment can take a few weeks or months to become visible, and often take multiple treatments to produce optimal results. During your consultation, we’ll let you know how many treatments you’ll need as well as the type of results you can expect throughout your treatment process.
Before acne scarring can be treated, active acne needs must be brought under control. Contact us today to see how our team of experts can help you achieve healthy, acne-free skin! Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England welcomes patients from Portland, Maine, and the surrounding areas of New England.