We’re here to help those suffering from skin conditions feel their best. If you’re located in Portland or the neighboring areas of Maine, you can find effective treatments for skin conditions with our team of highly trained providers at the Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England.
What Are Skin Conditions?
Skin conditions are characterized by irritation or inflammation of the skin that can cause redness, swelling, itching, burning, and flakiness of the skin. Many different factors may attribute to your skin condition including allergies, different irritants, your genetic makeup, and autoimmune diseases. The best way to get help for your skin condition is by seeing a professional to diagnose the issue and treat it accordingly. At the Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England, we specialize in the treatmnet of many skin conditions to help patients find relief from their symptoms and improve their quality of life.
What Skin Conditions Do You Treat?
At Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England, we offer treatments for the following skin conditions and concerns:
- Rosacea – This is a condition in which facial blood vessels enlarge, causing the cheeks and nose to appear rosy and red.
- Facial Veins – Facial veins are broken blood vessels on the face that can develop in anyone at any age. At Cosmetic Enhancement Center, we offer the vbeam laser treatment for facial veins.
- Brown Birthmarks – Brown birthmarks, also known as cafe au lait spots, are flat, pigmented birthmarks on the face and body. These birthmarks can be easily treated with the Trivantage laser.
- Port-wine Stains– Port-wine stains are red discoloration in the skin caused by a vascular anomaly that is seen at birth.
- Burn Scars– The appearance of burn scars can be broken up and lighted with a series of laser treatments best determined at your complimentary consultation.
- Fordyce Spots– These enlarged oil glads appear in the form of whitish-yellow bumps.
- Cherry Hemangiomas – Cherry Hemangiomas (also known as angiomas) are simply the overgrowth of blood vessels, and have appear as red moles. These can be easily treated with the Vbeam laser.
- Xanthelasma – Xanthelasma is categorized by yellowish deposits of cholesterol under the skin, typically around the eyelids.
- Venous Lake – These blue or purple discoloration spots usually occur on the lips and can be treated with a quick, laser procedure.
- Acne Scars – Scars caused by intense acne can not only wreak havoc on one’s skin, but also their self-esteem. At Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England, we have several non-surgical treatments for acne scars.
- Rhinophyma – This condition is characterized by a large, red, bumpy nose and can be a subtype of severe rosacea.
- Warts – Warts are a common problem among males and females of all ages that can easily be treated non-surgically.
- Sebaceous Hyperplasia – Sebaceous Hyperplasia occurs when the sebaceous glands become enlarged causing yellow-ish or flesh-colored bumps on the face. This condition can easily be treated with our Smoothbeam laser.
- Keloids – Keloids are a form of scar that form when an irregular amount of fibrous scar tissues forms around the site of an injury.
- and more!
If you are looking for professional treatment to manage or treat your skin condition, contact us today to schedule your consultation at Cosmetic Enhancement Center of New England. We welcome patients from the New England region, including those located in Portland, Maine.